Situated in beautiful rural surroundings and overlooking the historical church, this three-bedroom detached chalet-style bungalow enjoys an elevated position taking advantage of the views towards the river and the beautiful gardens which have been carefully maintained and cherished over the years. Bringing a mix of tropical and native plants, full of colour and vibrancy, this is a home for those looking to enjoy a lovely garden and the wonderful surroundings of this quaint unspoilt village of Ruan Lanihorne.
The huge asset to this property is the extension of the impressive garden room with apex ceiling and triple aspect doors with floor to ceiling windows. This room also has underfloor heating which means it can be enjoyed in all seasons. The doors can all be opened to bring the outside in, providing enjoyment of the garden from the comfort of the room. Overall, Parc-Lamp has been carefully maintained and is in immaculate order throughout. It is spacious, light and airy with a homely feel to it. and very versatile with all the main rooms along with two double bedrooms on one level. There is also a large upstairs master bedroom with separate WC and basin. This room has stunning views over to the Ruan River and valley.
Due to the location of the property, it is exceptionally quiet and peaceful. The idyllic ancient Church of Rumon can be seen from the property along with its terraced gardens, a beautiful framed outlook over the impressive travertine tiled terrace and steps which lead out towards the pretty churchyard. There is an off-road parking area with space for three vehicles with steps leading up to the property. The popular pub, The Kings Head, is moments away.
Once featured in ‘The Great British Life’ magazine Cornwall Today and Cornwall Life, this Mediterranean garden has endured much hard work and attentive care by the current owner resulting in a beautiful tranquil garden which has matured and blossomed. A range of many tropical and Mediterranean plants and a mixture of wild flowers and herbs all make up this lovely garden with a large impressive feature marble floored raised patio. ‘Jewels of the Garden’ is the phrase used to highlight the stunning flowers which have been carefully selected by the owner. An avenue of black Mulberry trees are a feature point within the garden, certainly a talking point for when people visit.
The main terrace area enjoys the view of the ancient Church and the beautiful gardens that surround the property. There is a summerhouse located and hidden within the gardens, a perfect place to escape to on hotter days but to still be amongst the stunning garden.
Location Summary (distances and times are approximate)
St Mawes : 8 miles. Pendower Beach : 4 miles. Tregony : 2.5 miles (primary and secondary schools). Cathedral City of Truro : 11 miles. Falmouth : 16.5 miles. Newquay Airport : 21 miles with flights to London Gatwick (70 minutes), and Manchester (80 minutes). St Austell : 11.5 miles with London Paddington 4 hours by rail. Plymouth : 56 miles. Exeter : 89 miles.
Ruan Lanihorne is entirely rural in character with wooded areas in the river valleys. Situated about 11 miles from the city of Truro, with its excellent level of shopping and schooling facilities, Ruan Lanihorne is about 2.5 miles west of Tregony village where there is a very good level of amenities, Londis store, doctor’s surgery, dentist and excellent primary and secondary schools. The surrounding countryside is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and the Saltings of the silted creek have been also been designated a Site of Specific Scientific Interest, thus a nature reserve. There is a sandy beach at Pendower which is about 4 miles distant.
Bounded by Tregony, Veryan, Philleigh and St Michael Penkevil, the church town of Ruan has a population of around 250 people. Originally known as Laryhorn, the village was, from the mid 12th century onwards, the site of a castle of the Lercedekne family and the main settlement was at Sheepstor (Sheeptstall) located towards Tregony, where the Pomeroy family also built a castle. In 1334, John Lecedekne was granted permission for the castle by Edward II. Before the castle was demolished in the 19th century, it was described as having a 40’ keep, seven towers and possibly an outer courtyard.
Historical Note Continued
The parish church was dedicated to St Remous (or Remon) in 1321. It has a chancel and a nave, a north isle, and a south transcript. The single tower houses a ring of two bells. In later years a stained-glass window was installed in 1866. The Rev John Whitaker was Rector of Ruan Lanihorne for 30 years.
Road maps as early as 1685 show the main coach road from London to Lands End ran through nearby Philleigh, crossing the road at the King Harry Ferry and Tolverne. Ruan Lanihorne also stood on the old coach road when the Kings Head public house served many a patron in its time.
Historical Note Furthermore
The creek at Ruan is a bird lovers paradise and provides a haven for waders and waterfowl. The gently rolling hills are leafy and are a joy for a walking enthusiast and explorers.
Mains water, electricity and private drainage. Oil fired central heating. Telephone and television points.
NB: the electrical circuit, appliances and heating system have not been tested by the agents.
Energy performance certificate rating E
Council tax band D
Every effort has been made with these details but accuracy is not guaranteed and they are not to form part of a contract. Representation or warranty is not given in relation to this property. An Energy Performance Certificate is available upon request. All negotiations must be with H Tiddy. Before proceeding to purchase, buyers should consider an independent check of all aspects of the property.
General Data Protection Regulations: We treat all data confidentially and with the utmost care and respect. If you do not wish your personal details to be used by us for any specific purpose, then you can unsubscribe or change your communication preferences and contact methods at any time by informing us either by email or in writing at our office in St Mawes.